Wondering how to make Better Discord less laggy?
BetterDiscord is an enhancement app for the main Discord app we all know.
On BetterDiscord, you can install add-ons that can help to improve the functionality of the main app, like plugins, themes, and more.
If you are conversant with app development, the aim of the BetterDiscord app would be very comprehensible to you.
However, this app is not compulsory, you can very much use Discord without BetterDiscord if you choose not to.
In this guide, you will learn how to make BetterDiscord stop lagging so much, and why your BetterDiscord app is lagging.
Why Is BetterDiscord So Laggy?
If you have installed the BetterDiscord app on your device, and you notice that it is lagging way too much; it could be happening for a couple of reasons.
The most popular one is caching issues; if it has been a long time since the cache data on the app and your device.
On some occasions, it could be happening because of inept internet bandwidth optimization or a typical software issue.
How To Fix Lagging on BetterDiscord
To fix lagging on BetterDiscord, you need to restart your device and the BetterDiscord app.
You can also try resetting your router, checking for updates on your device, and on the BetterDiscord website.
Other troubleshooting methods include disconnecting other devices or apps from your internet network, checking if BD servers are up, improving your internet connection, and contacting BetterDiscord support.
Here are the best methods to fix lagging on BetterDiscord:
Method 1: Restart BetterDiscord
- Close the BetterDiscord app on your device for about 15 seconds.
- Open it again, and try running the app again; the issues should be fixed this time.
Method 2: Restart your device
- Close the BetterDiscord app, and navigate to the power button on your device.
- After clicking on your power, you should see the “Restart” option (for some devices you need to long-press on the button to see the option).
- After your device restarts, you need to open the BetterDiscord app again to see if lagging has reduced.
Method 3: Reset your router
- Close the BD app and disconnect your device from the router if connected to any.
- Without turning off the switch of the power outlet your router is connected to, unplug your router’s cable from it.
- After about 10 seconds, plug your router back in, re-connect your device to it, and launch the BetterDiscord app again.
Method 4: Check for updates
- Go to the settings app on your device, and search for “Software updates”.
- If any, you need to install them on the device, restart it, and try running your BD app again.
- And if that doesn’t work, you need to go to this link* and check if there are any new updates for the BetterDiscord app, and install it.
Method 5: Disconnect other devices and apps from your internet network
- Disconnect all the apps and devices that are using your internet connection.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi network via your router, modem, or hotspot, and turn it back on after a few seconds.
- Re-connect just the BetterDiscord app to it and see what happens.
Method 6: Switch to a mobile data plan or ethernet
- Disconnect your device from its current internet source.
- Switch to an ethernet or a mobile data plan.
- Reload the BetterDiscord app, and see if the issue persists.
Method 7: Check if BetterDiscord servers are up
- Go to this link: https://www.saashub.com/betterdiscord-status
- Check if the bars on the webpage are all in red color, and if there is a warning stating that their servers are down.
- If yes, then you will need to wait it out for 24 hours max.
- If no, you can proceed to the next method.
Method 8: Contact BetterDiscord support
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your purpose clearly.
- Wait for a reply which usually takes about 2-3 business days.
- From the reply you get, the support might help you reduce lagging on BetterDiscord.
And that is all there is to know about how to fix BetterDiscord always lagging.
If you had followed the guide, you would have successfully fixed the lagging issue on your BetterDiscord app.
So, tell us which of the methods worked for you, you can follow us on any of our social pages and drop a comment for us there.