Do you want to unlink your Facebook account from TikTok?
Facebook and TikTok are partially alike except that the latter is more video focused.
Linking your Facebook account with your TikTok account allows the latter to sync your friend list and helps you find and get discovered by people you may know.
However, this is optional on TikTok, safe, and you can unlink it at any time.
Yes, if you no longer want to sync your Facebook account to your TikTok account, you can remove it and it won’t have any negative impact on your account.
In this guide, you will learn how to unlink your Facebook from your TikTok account.
How To Unlink Facebook From TikTok
There are two ways to un-link your Facebook from TikTok, via TikTok privacy settings or on Facebook.
Either way does the job and it is perfectly safe.
Let’s get started.
1. Un-link via TikTok
- First things first, open your TikTok app and log into your account.
- Navigate to your profile, and tap on the three dots at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select “Privacy” and then “Sync contacts and Facebook friends”.
- Tap on “Remove previously synced Facebook friends, and turn off the “Sync Facebook friends” option.
2. Unlink via Facebook
If you do not want to unlink your Facebook from TikTok, you can do so via your Facebook app.
- To do this, open your Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Tap the menu icon at the top-right corner of your screen and scroll to the end of the options.
- Tap on “Parameters” and several options should pop up, select “Safety” and then “Apps and Websites”.
- Under “Apps and Websites” you would see all the other social media platforms you have linked your Facebook account with including TikTok.
- Next to “TikTok” is the delete option, tap on it and your TikTok would be unlinked from your Facebook.
And that is how to unlink your Facebook account from TikTok.
In summary, you can unlink either through the other.
You can unlink your Facebook account from your TikTok account on a browser, or app; it is the same process.
We hope this guide has been able to help, if yes, spread the word using the social media share buttons below.